Monday 7 June 2010

Some more stuff I did...10th May - 16th May

So I flew in to Melbourne and got to work in the afternoon for a half day. After that going home seemed like a boring idea so I texted Gabby to see if she was free and went down to meet her and her friend Jenny in St Kilda. First off in a little run down place for a quick drink...then to a really good Chinese I thought called mahjong, 165 Fitzroy street: www.mahjongrestaurant.com.au/ Gabby gave us the sweet task of having to choose three dishes from the tapasesque menu without discussion...it turned out allright, might remember that as a fun eating out game for the future! On Tuesday I clearly wasn't enthused to cook at home so encouraged Michelle and Kate to meet me in Northcote for dinner, we went to Otsumami (http://yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/otsumami/),   pretty tasty Japanese place, and we sat at the back where you had the down on the floor seats. After that we went to watch The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo at the Westgarth cinema...I was so relieved that my flatmate was at home when I got back, the film quite freaked me out although being very good too! On the Thursday went to talk about my foot again, they watched me walk in a somewhat comedy fashion as all podiatrists started popping their head out of their doors as I walked up and down the corridor...guess it was as close as I'll ever get to a catwalk! Then the ultimate decision was made by a guy who was obviously the teacher or something...who came in to the room and had this bizarre but solemn presence, no speech whatsoever until everyone had stopped speaking...then.....he spoke. Apparently I could get a cortisone injection which may end up 'dissolving' the tissue...no general anaesthetic, but lots of needles in my poor little left foot....anyway, they will send the letter in the post to recommend this..and I guess I'll have a think...would be able to walk straight on it after and that...Lucy suggested just hitting it with a book...but it's right inside the foot, right in the middle...I think to do that I'd have to hit it hard enough to break the foot! Had swimming stroke correction in the evening too which was cool due to having practiced a little earlier in the week. Friday I spent my day off signing up to Medicare, finally and checking out shops. In the eve I met up with Kate at the Moroccan soup bar and we stopped for a drink at a nice nearby bar too, think it was this one: www.decowinebar.com.au/ nice spot, we were both a bit knackered so didn't stay out that late. On Satuday the 15th of May, Kate encouraged me to get up early so we could go shopping in preperation for her new job starting on Monday for work clothes. We tried the cheapy/factory outlets down Smith street in Fitzroy then went and had a late breakfast at Provenance Food and wine: www.provenancefoodwine.com.au/  - very good fancy breakfast. Also headed in to town for more shopping, but on the whole it was a dissapointing experience for me, am finding that clothes just don't fit quite right here, don't know if that's the way they make them, or I just haven't learnt which shops work and which don't yet...In the evening we met up with Michelle and two girls she's met from the place she's staying in at the Napier Hotel, in the middle of Brunswick and Smith street, a proper sort of pub. Had some massive burger and chip type dinners fairly cheaply and some beer. On Sunday, I got me hair cut again, this time pretty short and bob-style for $30, much happier with this haircut and found a Korean hairdressers called 'Good morning' to get it done. In the eve went to meet Gabby and Michelle and saw Gabby's Mum's house which is an amazing wooden floored lovely place with a roof top terrace and patio garden as well. Very nice, can see why Gabby was raving about it now! We spent the evening watching Jessica Watson's arrival in Sydney who'd sailed round the world on her own at the age of 16 and eating a Vietnamese takeaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment