Monday 7 June 2010

17th May for a week...

Had kick boxing on the Monday. There were three of us girls and we had to practice some moves on each other, quite fun, although we were all a bit shy in case we hurt each other...probably sensible...Tuesday had a skype conversation with my UK boss, which was really nice, just to catch up and plan my work for when I return. Had a bad seat on the tram on the way home, sensed it as soon as I sat own and started putting my Ipod on so I didn't have to awkwardly listen to the conversation of a guy who finished the conversation by, apparently, ordering a hand gun (not a shot gun, something more discrete...)...ugh...there were loads of people around me, not that that makes you safe. What weird behaviour. In the eve went to watch 'I love you too' with Kate at Westgarth cinema preceded by a Pizza and a pot for $10 at Ember Lounge in Westgarth. On Thursday went to meet Kate again for din at Wesley Anne (http://www.wesleyanne.com.au/index.php), nice venue with a sweet beer garden too and live music venue also. On Friday got my hair coloured, ending up being double the price I was expecting...didn't help with my monitoring my expenditure, nor did the clothes shopping I went for after...still managed to find two pairs of very nice trousers and a lovely red and black scarf as well (scarves necessary now the temperature has dropped in Melbourne), ooh and a lovely new favourite black skirt too with low pockets on the side. In the evening went to meet Kate and Michelle in the Black cat for drinks. For dinner we headed to a Greek restaurant called Piereaus Blues, it's on Brunswick street. I think it was pretty good, but I'm not a massive fan of Greek food, so not super super impressed. After din we headed on in to the CBD and Kate led us to a bar called Berlin.

When you arrived you had to knock on the door, then be left at the door whilst the waitress went to make space for you, then we were led to the 'West side', the East side being more rustic and bunk beddy with some token jesture barbed wire for effect. Was pretty cool, the cocktail menu was also themed in West and East as well. Then we went on to Loop bar, where Michelle and I met work colleagues a few weeks ago, and DJ Ego and Mr Nice were playing cool VJ-DJ stwf. Just nearby there was a cool art installation called the Infinity tube...or something along those lines...Ended up chatting to a few people in Loop bar and then later on in the eve once the music was over went back to Mr Nice's house for more drinks (Kate knows DJ Ego from up in Byron bay I think). Really nice guys anyway and a sweet night, though
 leaving the house at 7am in the morning was horrid due to the stuipidly cold coldness outside...I regretted wearing my new skirt out then...but had cleverly brought leg warmers with me which helped a little...On Saturday morning I succeeded in getting about three hours sleep and then went to meet one of my UK Editors who was out in Melbourne at a conference for a walk and some lunch on the South Bank. Was a lovely catch up with my Editor, really nice and made me look forward to going home a little more, as did talking to my boss earlier in the week too, which is nice. On Sunday Michelle and Kate and I went to the Virgin gym (Michelle is a member and Kate and I came along as guests). The gym is ace, I am incredibly jealous, somet like $100 a month. There's an immense very impressive gym and a really good swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, plunge pool, funny sleep pods, punch bags, everything basically. If/When I come back to Melbourne I'm signing up! In the afternoon we headed to the Docklands for more Ice Hockey, then we went on to the Gin Palace (http://ginpalace.com.au/) for some drinks and tapas where Nick (aka Rooster) joined us. Nick then introduced us to a new venue called the Golden Monkey (http://www.goldenmonkey.com.au/) up on Hardware Lane, pretty cool down in the basement asian tapas, ace cocktail style venue. Then home to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment