Thursday 10 June 2010

Real time

So, I thought I'd have a go at writing a real-time blog. Yesterday I didn't do much but work hard, and work late. Then I got a Burmese take away, to reward for working late, and because I'm lazy...which actually in my mind turned out to be a reasonably poor and very meaty beef massaman and thai fishcakes...I blogged and updated that lots and tidied up my Whitsunday photos. It's nice to draw a line under these things, but I'm anxious that there are a few weeks ahead of fun things to happen before I return to the UK and that I'll have guests and maybe little time to update, then anxiousness comes and I'll be all behind and trying to catch up again...as I keep hearing lately, technology was meant to make things easier for us, and instead it's just filled up our lives and made us more busy...I would love to have the will power to get off facebook, twitter, email etc etc for say even a month, but it's not in me...not yet anyway...I'd be interested to see how suddenly lonely I felt! It's nice hearing about what people have been up to...but I guess it stops me making time for myself, taking a rest, getting out of the house and adding another thing to my list of things to tell you about in my blog...how does that work, I'm not sure...

While I was out here I had plans of compiling material for a book, a semi true real-life book, but using little patches of stories and turning them in to something more real than they actually were...I live in daydream-land most of my life...the reality of that idea is of course that I've had no time to work on such a thing and so it hasn't happened...I don't really feel like I have failed though, I guess I have a bit of this blog to help..and I have a little book with some basic ideas which I add to every now and then, so it may happen at some point...when I'm back in Oxford and trapped indoors and have flushed my mobile down the toilet and broken my wifi thingmyjig. I don't have the intention to write for publishing...unless I magically find that it works well, but more to have an outlet for creative energy. I think even the most sciency of people need to be a bit creative every now and then, especially when they're not feeling on top of the world as it's a good use of negative energy too...I think anyway, from all the thinking and talking I've done with people...I know that any arty silly project I've done has always made me feel more satisfied and wholesome anyway. There are more things I'd like to write about this, but due to my potential open audience I think I'll stop there.

Today, I left for work really late because it was raining. It's just no fun cycling in your new trousers and stilleto boots on your bike in the rain for 10 minutes when you could wait a little longer as you know you worked late last night and will stay late anyway. So, I left a little late and got in a little late, but had a good day at work again, Yesterday was a good work day. At the end of the day my work colleague, Rebecca, gave me a lift home and we had a fun chat on the way. I then went to meet Michelle (do you lot mind being mentioned randomly in my blog...perhaps I should be checking in advance...or making up names for you, or maybe I have done...) in Brunswick...we were both dissapointed with the general coldness (coming from two places that know cold...well, know the difference between hot and cold anyway) and were very keen to find a place with a fire...the Vegie bar ended up doing an OK job, the food in there was allreet, it was XXXtremely packed and we had to wait a while, it's a surprisingly large venue and clearly very popular. Michelle's curry was a bit too spicy, in a too spicy way, hiding the flavour, my stir fry was kinda OK, but the tofu was a bit too un-stir fried (no pre-fry) and well it wasn't how I'd expect a stir-fry to appear. After that we tried out another inviting red-look venue, The Black Pearl. Nice place...lots of snogging couples on sofas, but relatively high scoring clientele and relaxed atmosphere, like it! Now to bed....damn without finishing those Whitsunday pictures completely...

No comments:

Post a Comment