Sunday 27 June 2010

Nearly there...

So the next day was Seb's last day in Melbourne, so I took him over to Lygon street which he'd yet to have the pleasure of. We hung round in the Readings bookshop and ate more chocolate and ice cream than we ever want to eat again in Koko Black's and then headed over to Brunswick street for random shopping and a final drink at the Black Cat.

On Tuesday I was back to work and thrown straight in to it with two various meetings and no chance much to catch up on the full inbox. That evening I went out with Veronica from work which was lovely too, down in the Docklands for a steak and things, I hadn't realised at that point though but it seems I was getting ill.

Wednesday at work was fine and Thursday I was feeling a bit too rubbish to go in so went late in the end because I had a teleconference I had to be part of at the end of the day.

Friday, my day off and although a bit ill I headed to the opticians as I decided I'd like to go back home with some good new glasses, they were very good actually and I'm expecting a good prescription to come out of it...must choose glasses Monday, they say they can make them in 4 days...not long left! After that I went home to rest again and in the eve went for a softer option of cinema and dinner with Kate and Michelle rather than going out to the pubs. Was a nice night and we saw Animal Kingdom, it was a very good film, quite hard work to watch but really good, worth a watch I think. Saturday I went to meet a work colleague for dinner, he'd invited me along with another colleague and her partner, and it was a nice afternoon and good food too! Then I went off to meet Gabby and Michelle for a catch up and a bit of wine - we went to Temperance in Prahran, pretty place: http://www.temperancehotel.com.au/ particularly nice bathrooms. Then we went for some tapas-type food in Pandora's Box, all sat up at the bar, and Gabby's Mum came to join us which was nice too. http://www.pandorasboxmelbourne.com/home later on Michelle and I tried out Electric Liquid Lounge, weird different sort of crowd down in Prahran, we couldn't tell whether we were keen on it or not. To keep it cheap we left before the trams stopped running and headed in to town and went to the rooftop bar at the Carlton Hotel, although it was a slightly different roof top to the one I went with Kate before, cool though, and a more comfortable easy-going crowd it seemed.

Sunday, today, I have spent all day indoors because I feel ill and groggy and haven't really been able to leave the house...a rest is probably in order anyway.

Got to phone up Singapore Airlines to see if it's possible to move my return flight a little. I'm hoping to come back just two days later...will see how that goes shortly.

Meg update: she enjoyed Byron Bay and did go to Nimbin as she suggested she might, seemed to think it was a bit of a crazy place too. By Wednesday she'd moved on to stay with my parent's neighbour's brother between Byron and Brisbane. Apparently they live near a lake and I received a text from her saying she was planning on going and using their canoe! Sounds sweet. She left a pair of socks at theirs so apparently that's getting sent back to mine! She stayed one or two nights in Brisbane too and I think met quite a few friends whom she went out with...then on Friday headed over to Cairns and for $24 the hostel picked her up and gave her a bed for the night, quite bargainiferous! Next I think she was planning on heading to Cape Tribulation but I haven't had an update lately...time for a text I think!

There is a Winter light festival in Melbourne at the moment so lots of lit up buildings etc, here's a picture of one of the buildings from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment