Tuesday 8 June 2010

24th May....it's the month of Kate's birthday!

Had last kick boxing class, just the two of us, and he tried to force us to do push ups on our knuckles on the bare wooden floor, I managed about 5 seconds before I stopped (before we have been cheating and using gym mats, which is difficult but much more possible...however, it has made me want to be able to do knuckle push ups on hard wooden floors..then I would seriously be hard as nails...!). Not a very busy week aside from working late mostly. Friday I rotted in me jim jams till late booking stuff for my holiday in a week's time to Whitsundays! In the late afternoon started getting ready to go out for Kate's birthday. Cormac and his girlfriend and her daughter were in preparing for a dinner party and the cute daughter was keeping a careful eye on me and at one point came in to my bedroom and muttered a little and then said 'the thing is you see is that I'm very shy'! Rather sweet anywayz.
Kate and Michelle and I met in Polly for cocktails and some tiny tapas. Then in to town to Golden Monkey. Then to Silk Road - oh my god, what a ridiculous venue, with huge chandeliers and bogans/chavs galore, I think there was R and B playing in the background, it was really quite laughable...I was laughing too hard to take any pictures to share the laugability with you though I'm afraid. Also lots of private rooms and I got the impression there was a few drug baron types about. Weird place! Then canary club where we spent quite a bit of time and met Daniel who tagged along with us for the night, also John who we met last week came to meet us with his friend Steve. Altogether we went on to The Lounge, also semi laughable, but not as ridiculous as Silk Road, the Carlton Club, which is a beautiful venue but was much more rock with it's music choice and therefore the crowd were much more human, normal and fun too. Really cute night overall with lots of cocktails and tapas and amusement shared.

Saturday afternoon got up to go see the Daschund display at the Melbourne museum...47 Daschunds in a UN parliament set up... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0uFP6ucObI then for some lunch in a nice venue on Gertrude street...don't remember the name of it though...then Michelle went off to move house (basically meant packing her suitcase and ordering a taxi), and I dragged a very hungover Kate in to town to help me choose some boots and to go to Campari Red roof top bar for tapas and a cocktail, which wiped her out and meant she had to go home...so I called Gabriel - she was going out in Richmond, which I hadn't been to before, so invited Michelle along and we went to meet Gabby in the Corner Hotel (https://www.cornerhotel.com/)...after an hour we finally found each other and her and friends were rather drunken, but it was all very amusing and rather adorable too.

Sunday went to meet Megan (who I'm covering the role of) and Di to go wine tasting in the Yarra Valley, was fab...I bought quite a bit of wine too, I thought I'm shortly to have guests, so it makes practical sense...Had lunch in a lovely place Megan took us to as well. When we got back I ended up going on to Brunswick street to go and meet Michelle and Kate for an evening meal and drinks at Little Creatures. They both excitedly told me that they got to move to the VIP seats at the Ice Hockey game they'd been to that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment