Saturday 27 February 2010

Slightly disheartened

Getting a bit disheartened with finding somewhere to live today. Am searching on gumtree under shared/short term lets etc in Melbourne. Also on a site called Flatmate finders which matches you to appropriate people. And also have been trying www.realestate.com.au as well as the Readings bookshop on Lygon street. Have emailed quite a lot of places today but not heard back from many. Trying to put an ad on gumtree doesn't seem that easy...am sure I've tried twice and then can't find either ads...
I wonder how much just looking for a short term let makes or being a Brit with jet lag who feels a bit off-form and unsure of herself at the moment! Well, the right thing will come along shortly I'm sure...

Have just found the following by looking in my book 'Living and working in Australia' by David Hampshire and will see what I can find on them:
www.newspapers.com.au
www.myhome.com.au
www.realestateview.com.au

Apparently a lot of rentals are found by word of mouth which I've been trying to do too through the few people I know here already, but nowt found yet...tum tee tum...anyone reading this know of anyone looking for a room nearish the 86 tram making a commute up to La Trobe in Bundoora not too ridiculous...???!

No comments:

Post a Comment